When the lipid and natural moisturizing factors (NMF) of skin is reduced we experience surface roughness, flaking, red reactive skin, fine lines, wrinkles and a loss of bounce and elasticity in the skin. NMFs make up an expansive group of ingredients that include, amino acids (these influence water balance in the skin). Seba-E was designed to emulate the chemistry of the lipids and natural moisturizing factors (NMF) of our skin. By replacing the acid mantle, Seba-E restores the skin’s natural barrier function and prevents transepidermal water loss.
Seba-E is specifically formulated for lipid dry skins, skin suffering transepidermal water loss (TEWL) or those whose natural sebaceous mechanism is inhibited leading to impaired barrier function. It can be used on dry, dehydrated skin and inflamed skin conditions. Seba-E is not recommended for oily acne skin conditions, which already have excess sebum. Use with caution in tropical countries with high humidity, as most clients in this environment will have adequate sebaceous flow.
- Apply after cleansing and serums. Apply 2-4 drops (depending on your oil flow) spray with Herb & Mineral Mist and then lightly work into the skin, up under the eye and neck area.
- Start with small amounts of Seba-E as it is concentrated.
- It is best used with Herb & Mineral mist
- If too much is applied may the skin will look oily, if too little is applied it will feel dry. The skin will tell you the amount of Seba-E that it needs.
- Soybean Oil – Contains the eight essential Amino Acids, Lecithin, Vitamins, Minerals and Isoflavones. Full of fatty Acids, Antioxidants, Vitamin B Complex, Calcium, Folic Acid, Potassium and Zinc.
- Phosphatidylserine – A phospholipid derived from Soybeans, Phosphatidylserine may accelerate the recovery of a damaged lipid barrier by increasing Ceramide production.
- Lecithin – Found in Soybean is an important phospholipid needed by all living cells. Lecithin is composed of Phosphoric Acid, Fatty Acids, Glycerol, Glycolipids, Triglycerides, and Phospholipids (e.g., Phosphatidylcholine, and Phosphatidylinositol). Lecithin is a building block in cell membranes as it works to protect cells from oxidation. It prevents the cells from hardening.
- Wheat Germ Oil – A natural protein oil containing, Ceramides and Squalene. Squalene is one of the NMFs (natural moisturizing factors) found in the skin and acts as a supreme tissue strengthener. Wheat Germ Oil is beneficial for the general health of the skin as it improves circulation of blood in the skin when used externally. Wheat Germ Oil is known for its antioxidant properties. Hence it helps in preventing the skin from bearing the signs of aging.
- Linoleic Acid – Oleic Palmitic and Stearic Fatty Acids are the Essential Fatty Acids present in Wheat Germ Oil. Wheat Germ Oil has a high content of vitamin E and it also contains substantial amount of vitamin A, D, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6 and F.
- Parsley (Carum Petroselinum) Extract – Rich in vitamin C & E. Credited with reducing puffiness and possessing soothing properties; Parsley Extract is said to be the key to a good complexion – helping psoriasis, eczema, and acne.